An open-architecture, complete booklet making system that staples, folds, forms and trims in a single pass to produce added value SquareBack™ books.
The NEW PowerSquare™ 160VF with its high capacity dual bin feeder offers a flexible solution for a wide range of booklet types and sizes. The system is fed by the VF vacuum assisted feeder which has a loading capacity of up to 540mm / 21″, giving long uninterrupted production runs. Pre-collated sets can be placed into both bins for longer runs, or covers can be placed into one of the bins when they need to be merged with collated sets. The feeder can also be loaded on the run with automatic bin switching.
- Paper Size 160VF – Min: 200 x 210mm / 7.8″ x 8.25″ to Max: 350 x 620mm / 13.7″ x 24.4″
- Paper Size 160 – Min: 140 x 200mm / 5.5″ x 7.8″ to Max: 370 x 620mm / 14.5 / 24.5″
- Stock Range 160VF – 60 – 300gsm / 16lb bond – 82lb cover dependent on paper
- Stock Range 160 – 60 – 400gsm / 16lb bond – 105lb cover dependent on paper
- Book thickness:
- Minimum set thickness – 1 sheet 80gsm / 20lb bond (when folded makes an 4 page leaflet)
- Maximum finished book thickness – 8mm / 0.3″ (approx 160 pages 80gsm / 20lb bond)
- Maximum set thickness – 4mm / 0.15″ (approx 40 sheets 80gsm / 20lb bond)
- Stapling – Auto-adjusting staple pitch according to sheet size, range 105-150mm
- Staples per cartridge – 5000
PowerSquare Two-Knife Trimmer
The PowerSquare Two-Knife Trimmer (P2T) is a compact module that completes the booklet making process by trimming the top and bottom edges of the book. It provides a professional solution for full-bleed printed work, especially important for colour printed applications.
Fully automated from the PowerSquare’s user interface, up to 40mm / 1.6″ can be trimmed from each end of the book, and the trim position can be offset to match the image position. All trimmings are transported outside the machine to a high capacity external waste box, allowing continuous operation.